Jane Parsons-Fein, LCSW, BCD, DAHB
Jane A. Parsons-Fein, LCSW, BCD, DAHB, a graduate of Smith College and the Columbia School of Social Work, is President of the Parsons-Fein Training Institute for Psychotherapy and Hypnosis in New York City, which integrates the hypnotic approaches of Milton H. Erickson, M.D., Virginia Satir, and Moshe Feldenkrais.
She holds the following titles and positions:
- President Emerita of the Manhattan Society of Clinical Hypnosis (MANSCH), the Manhattan component of the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH)
- President Emerita of the New York Milton H. Erickson Society for Psychotherapy and Hypnosis, of which she was co-founder in 1981 and Director of its Training Program 1991-1997.
- Diplomate of the American Hypnosis Board for Clinical Social Work and President Emerita of that organization
- Diplomate of Clinical Social Work, National Association of Social Workers
- Member of The New York State Society for Clinical Social Work
- Diplomate of The American Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work
- Fellow and Consultant of the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis, serving as a Board of Governors representative from March 2006 to March 2015 and on its Executive Committee in March 2015
- Member of the Society for Clinical & Experimental Hypnosis, the International
- Society of Hypnosis and the Swedish Society of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis
She worked in the Department of Psychiatry of Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City for twelve years, has directed an ongoing training programs in Stockholm, Sweden from 1995 to 2004 and has remained a consultant and sponsor of the Center of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (CHP) in Stockholm, Sweden. She co-directed a 112-hour training program in Boston with Kay Thompson, DDS from October 1994 to March 1995.
A member of The International Human Learning Resources Network and a past member of AVANTA. She has taught and presented in the United States and Europe for twenty-seven years. She is the author of “Loving in the Here and Now: Recreate Your Relationship and Bring Love Back Into Your Life”, a book about the hypnotic language of couples, published by Penguin Tarcher in 2004.